Group Financial Controller position based at Mount Maunganui in the beautiful Bay of Plenty
TD Haulage has grown out of the timber industry in the North Island over the past 40 years. We specialise in timber and palletised cartage, operating 44 tonne-rated gear throughout the country.
We are seeking an experienced financial controller to oversee the running of our group. The ideal candidate will have ten or more years of professional accounting experience in New Zealand, preferably in the transport industry with five or more years in a senior accounting or finance management role. A Bachelor degree, or equivalent in business accounting or a related field would be an advantage.
With strong analytical skills the financial controller will run our budgeting, payroll, and financial reporting processes, plus produce accurate and timely financial management reports for senior managers to ensure our continual growth through operational efficiencies. This is a hands-on role.
Advanced communication skills are essential in this position combined with the following:
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner to ensure the flow of information is kept at a high level
- A good listener who generates trust and builds working relationships through a natural and open manner to promote the team concept
- Good problem solving skills with the ability to look at the big picture to plan and work through a process to reach the required result
- Prepared to try new initiatives through quality control improvements.
- A motivated self-starter with the ability to prioritise and carry a high and varied workload.
- The drive and commitment towards achieving agreed objectives accurately and on time
- Strong in leadership skills with the ability to use appropriate methods to inspire and guide the team to achieve set goals
- Keeps abreast of computer technology with the ability to develop systems/processes to monitor information and measure progress
- Knowledgeable in all areas of compliance relevant to the finance industry
- A willingness to learn our business operations, including compliance with health and safety in the workplace.
If you like the sound of this role and want to find out more about us, please visit our website.
Please send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than 9 December 2022