RDCL are seeking a Principal level Geotechnical Engineer to contribute to the success of our Geotechnical Engineering team in Wellington. The Wellington Region is a dynamic environment, and you will provide a leadership role working across a variety of engineering and environmental disciplines to produce high quality outcomes for our clients and contribute to the continued growth of the team.
We are looking for an ambitious team player to assist in the development of innovative, cost effective and buildable solutions in an environment that is collaborative, stimulating and fast paced. Your extensive geotechnical consultancy experience, strong capability in geotechnical studies, investigation, slip management and remediation, retaining structures, Pile design and strengthened earthworks will add to our teams existing strengths.
RDCL is a team of professional geologists, geophysicists and geotechnical engineers. We are a progressive business focussed entirely on geotechnical work in close partnership with our clients. Our business is about people, and we work hard to ensure you can flourish while you are with us.
RDCL is known by our clients as nimble, hardworking problem solvers with the expertise and focus to get the job done. We’re looking for a self-starter with a can-do attitude who can slot in and gel within the existing structure, and who is comfortable working with senior management as well as rolling up your sleeves and doing the mahi.
In this role you will:
If you are an experienced Geotechnical Engineer looking to get more involved and gain greater commercial leadership experience growing a business this is the leadership role for you!
- Collaborate with RDCL geotechnical engineers, geologists, geophysicists, technicians, and admin support
- Input into the wider Leadership Team responsible for business, technical and Process development
- Develop solutions to a range of geotechnical engineering problems.
- Determine internal and external client requirements and manage these relationships to drive business development
- Provide geotechnical expertise to meet project needs
- Plan, program and coordinate geotechnical projects, as a technical leader, to deliver the agreed outputs on budget, on time and to agreed quality standards
- Develop and mentor junior staff.
- Manage field work undertaken by others as appropriate and undertake quality assurance for the completed work.
To be successful for this role you'll need:
- A degree in Geotechnical Engineering or Civil Engineering (Postgraduate or Masters level) or transferable field
- CPEng, CMEngNZ or in final process of attaining CPEng, or equivalent
- Significant experience in successful planning, coordinating, and supervising geotechnical investigations and technical reporting
- Have a strong background in design, and be familiar with industry legislation and design software requirements,
- Well versed in a variety of ground conditions and of soil and rock design parameter selection; local knowledge is advantageous.
- The ability to confidently review, independently check and approve Geotechnical designs and documentation
- Strong client / relationship building skill set and desire to network / win work
- An existing credible reputation and deep knowledge of working on projects in the Wellington region
- Ability and willingness to mentor and develop other members of the team
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, manage and develop kaimahi – with understanding of and practice in people/HR initiatives
You will be:
- Joining a business with big desires for growth, and opportunity for you to take the lead on strategic plans to invest / grow.
- Joining a business that puts their people at the centre of what they do. Your progression, development and needs will matter, and there are structures in place to regularly ensure that you reach your full potential.
- Joining a collaborative, safe environment, that will value your opinion, but also your time, and that has measures in place to look after the wellbeing of their staff.
- RDCL is a genuinely collaborative, progressive, and dynamic workplace with a diverse work force and whanau-based ethic which we value highly. Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.