Ngā Waihua o Paerangi Trust (formerly known as Ngāti Rangi Trust) is currently seeking applicants for the role of Kaiārahi He Puna Ora.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide an intensive outreach coordination service for hapu māmā (pregnant women).
The He Puna Ora sub-contract to Ruapehu will cover the areas of Raetihi, Ohakune, Waiouru, Taihape and the Whanganui River.
He Puna Ora is a new model of service delivery being developed to support hapū māmā, and/or whānau with pēpi/tamariki, and who have significant issues with alcohol and other drugs, and whom health and social support services are only able to support in a limited manner.
The successful candidate will have;
- Skills and experience in working with whānau and or in developing and facilitating wānanga
- Knowledge of and adherence to Ngāti Rangi tikanga and kawa
- Strong computer literacy (e.g., Microsoft Office)
- Ability to plan, execute and manage projects
- Excellent facilitation, written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to professionalism and confidentiality
- Able to build and maintain effective communications and relationships
- Professional experience in a kaupapa Māori organisation
- An AOD qualification or be working towards an AOD qualification
- Comfortable in a marae environment
- A qualification at degree level (Health, Social, Maori studies, Education or related other)
Understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
A current, full driver’s licence is required
To be successful in this role you will be passionate about working within a progressive iwi organisation. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to engage with whānau and their pēpī to help provide the best possible outcomes for their future.
Ordinary hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
For further information, including a position description, please contact Joni Takitimu at Ngā Waihua o Paerangi on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 027 3030 339