The Rei Foundation (RFL) is a charitable company with the vision of a world that fosters the wellbeing of all. We collaborate with diverse partners in New Zealand, Malawi, Japan, Cambodia and Tonga on projects that build confidence in individuals and communities, encourage diversity and recognize diversity as a source of strength. For more information on our projects, see our website: https://reifoundation.com/
This part-time role will involve assisting the Operations Officer with the management of operational functions. It would be an excellent opportunity for a student in development studies and/or Japanese to gain practical work experience in the sector as well as in a bilingual workplace.
As we work across time zones, some working hour flexibility is a requirement.
- Assist finance functions by processing payments, reporting on project and expense payment statuses, and maintaining a record of expenses
- Offer administrative assistance with the procurement, maintenance and inventory of office equipment, organize travel and logistics for staff, consultants and others, and provide assistance for meetings
- Conduct research into issues related to RFL activities upon request
- Ensure upkeep of the RFL website, social media and other communications, with the help of external consultants as required
- Perform other duties as necessary
Qualifications and experience required:
- An understanding and appreciation of the Rei Foundation’s values as our core competencies
- Work experience in office admin or finance, strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Analytical, research and planning skills
- Familiarity with MS Office
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- Confident and skilled in formal/creative writing
- Excellent intercultural and interpersonal communication skills
- While not required, Japanese language skills are an asset
If you have any questions about this great opportunity please contact Mattie Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org 09 373 1108) at Baker Tilly Staples Rodway Auckland, who is managing the recruitment process on behalf of RFL. Otherwise, please apply today.